Comments and most asked questions launch Campercontact
Since the launch of our new platform, we have received many comments and questions. We have listed the most frequently asked ones on this page. Including the answers.
- I am suddenly missing several functionalities in the app
- BUG Oops notification when loading the login page
- I have an iPhone (6) and cannot see my own location in the app
- SOLVED: When the app is clicked on, it takes a very long time for the app to start up
- SOLVED: When clicking on 'Route' the address is not found and shows undefined
- SOLVED: He says I'm offline, but my phone says I'm not
- SOLVED: When I open the app, I see a grey map with a blue dot, but no map with locations
- SOLVED: I change the language in the app, but it switches back to English every time
- ADDED: I can only navigate to a location via Apple maps (iOS) or Google Maps (Android)
- SOLVED: Missing button, which prevents you from progressing to login
- ADDED: I can only see my favourites in a list at the menu item 'My favourites' and not on the map
- BUG: I get an error message when I want to show my favourites on the map
- SOLVED: The GPS coordinates are displayed in an unusual way
- I see an empty menu
Do you have another question? You can find the Frequently asked questions here.
I am suddenly missing several functionalities in the app
Every user of the new app used the PRO version of the app until 1 November 2020. This was to introduce everyone to the advantages of Campercontact PRO. This has changed since update 6.1.0.
Users who were no longer entitled to the full version since 7 September 2020* will be migrated back to the free version of the app on 2 November 2020 via the update. Users who bought the full version less than a year ago without an account in the old app will also be automatically returned to the free version of the app. Because we cannot link the purchase from the old app to an account. These users can restore their purchase via the 'restore purchase' button in the menu item 'Campercontact PRO'. A connection is then made with the App store (iOS users)/ the Google Play store (Android users). You can read more about this in the FAQ.
The following features are missing in the FREE-version of the app:
- Possibility to use the app offline via offline maps
- You will see a maximum of 3 reviews and 5 photos in the FREE version.
- Saving favourites
- In addition, you only use the basic search filters (e.g. type of location, price, number).
Would you like to make use of the advantages of Campercontact PRO? Then buy the PRO-version of the app via the menu item: Campercontact PRO (€ 5.99 for 12 months).
* September 7th is the day the new Campercontact app and website were launched.
Oops notification when loading the login page
Some users experience problems logging in since the launch of our new app. They get an 'oops-something went wrong' notification. We are working on a solution. But finding this solution seems not so easy. It seems that this issue occurs in very specific cases on specific phones with specific operating systems and app versions. In the meantime, we have found some temporary solutions that can ensure that you can use Campercontact:
- Provide access to Campercontact via virus scanner apps
- Do not use Campercontact in combination with the KPN Veilig app.
- Do not use Campercontact in combination with an app that establishes a VPN connection.
Meanwhile we are working on a structural solution.
I have an iPhone (6) and cannot see my own location in the app
There are iPhone (6) users who cannot see their own location in the app. Even if they have their location information on while using the app. Steps to solve this:
- Go to the app 'Settings' on your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down and click on 'Campercontact'
- Click on 'Location
- Select 'Always'
When clicking on the app, it takes a very long time before the app is started
-> SOLVED SINCE UPDATE (6.2.0). For some users it took a very long time before the app opened.
When clicking on 'Route', the address is not found and shows undefined
-> SOLVED SINCE UPDATE (6.2.0). This was because the navigation apps used the address instead of the coordinates. For example, if a house number was missing in the address, this is filled in with 'undefined' and the address cannot be found.
He says that I am offline, but my phone says I am not
-> SOLVED SINCE UPDATE (6.0.1) Would you first of all like to check in the settings of your device whether you have given the Campercontact app permission to use mobile data? If this is not the case, please enable it. If this does not solve the problem, update the app to the latest version. Some Android users are experiencing problems with the internet connection. The app sometimes mistakenly thinks that you are offline. You can read more about the update here.
When opening the app, I see a grey map with a blue dot, but no map with locations
-> SOLVED SINCE UPDATE (6.0.1) Is the map function in the app not loading properly and do you get a 'grey' screen? This is a known problem with Android users and it is solved if you update the app to the latest version. You can solve this yourself as well by closing all your open apps and restarting the Campercontact app. We have also made a video of how to do this: https://youtu.be/bNqMWEfUgus.
I change the language in the app, but it switches back to English every time
-> SOLVED SINCE UPDATE (6.0.1) You can set up the app in your preferred language via the country flag in the menu. You have a choice of six standard languages. Thes language setting automatically switches back to English for a few. We are aware of this and it is solved since the update of 16-9-2020.
I can only navigate to a location via Apple Maps (iOS) or Google Maps (Android)
-> ADDED IN UPDATE (6.0.2.) Once you as a user have the latest version of the app, you can choose from the following navigation apps.
- Android: Google Maps, Apple Maps, TomTom Go Navigation, Waze, Sygic, Maps.ME, OsmAnd.
- iOS: Google Maps, Apple Maps, TomTom Go Navigation, Waze. OsmAnd.
There seems to be a button missing, so I can't get any further while logging in
-> SOLVED SINCE UPDATE (6.0.2.) Probably you've increased the font size in your device's settings, causing buttons to disappear in the app. This has been solved for iOS & Android users now.
I can only see my favourites in a list at the menu item 'My favourites' and not on the map
-> ADDED SINCE UPDATE (6.0.2.) as a user you now have the possibility to see your favourites on the map via:
- a button 'see on the map' at the bottom of the menu item 'my favourites'.
- via the filter: 'my favourites
- via the quick filter: 'my favourites
I get an error message when I want to show my favourites on the map
Users with many favourites (read: 150 or more) may receive an error message when showing the favourites on the map. This is known to us and we are working on a solution.
The GPS coordinates are displayed in an unusual way
-> SOLVED SINCE UPDATE (6.0.1), the GPS coordinates are displayed in two ways, including the decimal degree notation.
I see an empty menu
Some users with an Apple device (mainly iPads) saw an empty menu. This is known to us and we are working on a solution.
Do you have another question? Here you will find the frequently asked questions.