Comments and most asked questions launch Campercontact
Since the launch of our new platform, we have received many comments and questions. We have listed the most frequently asked ones on this page. Including the answers.
- SOLVED: He says I'm offline, but my phone says I'm not
- SOLVED: When I open the app, I see a grey map with a blue dot, but no map with locations
- SOLVED: I change the language in the app, but it switches back to English every time
- ADDED: I can only navigate to a location via Apple maps (iOS) or Google Maps (Android)
- SOLVED: Missing button, which prevents you from progressing to login
- ADDED: I can only see my favourites in a list at the menu item 'My favourites' and not on the map
- BUG: I get an error message when I want to show my favourites on the map
- SOLVED: The GPS coordinates are displayed in an unusual way
Do you have another question? You can find the Frequently asked questions here.
He says that I am offline, but my phone says I am not
-> SOLVED SINCE UPDATE (6.0.1) Would you first of all like to check in the settings of your device whether you have given the Campercontact app permission to use mobile data? If this is not the case, please enable it. If this does not solve the problem, update the app to the latest version. Some Android users are experiencing problems with the internet connection. The app sometimes mistakenly thinks that you are offline. You can read more about the update here.
When opening the app, I see a grey map with a blue dot, but no map with locations
-> SOLVED SINCE UPDATE (6.0.1) Is the map function in the app not loading properly and do you get a 'grey' screen? This is a known problem with Android users and it is solved if you update the app to the latest version. You can solve this yourself as well by closing all your open apps and restarting the Campercontact app. We have also made a video of how to do this: https://youtu.be/bNqMWEfUgus.
I change the language in the app, but it switches back to English every time
-> SOLVED SINCE UPDATE (6.0.1) You can set up the app in your preferred language via the country flag in the menu. You have a choice of six standard languages. Thes language setting automatically switches back to English for a few. We are aware of this and it is solved since the update of 16-9-2020.
I can only navigate to a location via Apple Maps (iOS) or Google Maps (Android)
-> ADDED IN UPDATE (6.0.2.) Once you as a user have the latest version of the app, you can choose from the following navigation apps.
- Android: Google Maps, Apple Maps, TomTom Go Navigation, Waze, Sygic, Maps.ME, OsmAnd.
- iOS: Google Maps, Apple Maps, TomTom Go Navigation, Waze. OsmAnd.
There seems to be a button missing, so I can't get any further while logging in
-> SOLVED SINCE UPDATE (6.0.2.) Probably you've increased the font size in your device's settings, causing buttons to disappear in the app. This has been solved for iOS & Android users now.
I can only see my favourites in a list at the menu item 'My favourites' and not on the map
-> ADDED SINCE UPDATE (6.0.2.) as a user you now have the possibility to see your favourites on the map via:
- a button 'see on the map' at the bottom of the menu item 'my favourites'.
- via the filter: 'my favourites
- via the quick filter: 'my favourites
I get an error message when I want to show my favourites on the map
Users with many favourites (read: 250 or more) may receive an error message when showing the favourites on the map. This is known to us and we are working on a solution.
The GPS coordinates are displayed in an unusual way
-> SOLVED SINCE UPDATE (6.0.1), the GPS coordinates are displayed in two ways, including the decimal degree notation.
Do you have another question? Here you will find the frequently asked questions.