Attach a storage bag to a door
Another very nice (if we may say so ourselves) way to 'green up' the interior of your motorhome is to purchase and fill a storage bag, one with several compartments. Attach the storage unit to a door in your motorhome at both the top and bottom, so that it doesn’t wobble too much and the groundwork for your vertical motorhome garden has been laid.
Do not overfill the compartments with soil. This reduces the chance of soil falling out during a "bumpy ride". In addition, the unit will quickly become heavy if you fill all sixteen, or even twenty-four, compartments.
- In this video Sue Moore gives more information about her vertical motorhome garden
Make a wall shelf with holes or attach a basket
Are you, or is your partner, very handy and do you still have an empty corner or wall in your camper? Then make a plant rack out of wood, like in the photo at the top of the article. Here is a short step-by-step walkthrough:
- Measure the height and width of the space where you want your plant rack to be
- Determine how many boards can hang and how many pots you want to place and what the maximum measurements should be
- Buy the relevant wood, pots and shelf supports
- Measure the diameter of the pots
- Cut a few circles in the centre of the boards with a jigsaw machine. Make these circles slightly smaller than the measured diameter
- Finally, attach the shelves to the walls using the shelf supports
Now, the boards should be firmly attached and the pots should be secured in the holes of the boards.