A cookie is a small file added to analyze web traffic or to let you know when you visit a particular (mobile) web site. Cookies enable web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by collecting and remembering information about your preferences. We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about Web page traffic and improve our Web site to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is deleted from the system. In general, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
- Site operations/essential cookies: To enable features necessary to provide the services on our site, such as identifying you when you are logged in, tracking content views and remembering your preferences.
- Analytics: To enable us to understand how our services are used, track site performance and make improvements.
- Personalized advertising: To deliver personalized advertising based on your preferences or interests and to measure the effectiveness of ads.
- Social media: To enable you to access our services and share content through social networks.
- Retention of personal data
Data in the records are kept for as long as the membership of the member in question runs. This includes personal data as well as, for example, registrations and bank details.
Even after the membership ends, the data will be kept for the legally required period of seven years. After that, the data of deleted or anonymized.
What we do with the information we collect
We only use the information we collect from you in accordance with this policy.
Specifically, the information collected is used to:
- Maintain our internal records;
- Improve our products and services;
- Periodically send promotional emails about new products, services, special offers or other similar information;
- Customize the website according to your interests;
- Provide you with content, products and services that you request;
- Upload your content on the website and application as you request;
- Communicate with you about your Account, our service or any improvements or changes to our services, policies and terms and conditions;
- Perform statistical, demographic and marketing analysis of users of the website and application;
- Deliver personalized advertisements on our Services based on your preferences or interests across services and devices and measure the effectiveness of our advertisements;
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal, and to comply with legal requirements related to the provision of products and services.
How we share information
We may share this information as follows:
- With the following categories of service providers we engage to perform functions on our behalf:
- Billing and collection providers, such as payment processors and organizations that help us assess your credit and payment status.
- Auditing and accounting firms.
- Professional services consulting firms, such as Companies that help provide legal services or project-based resources and assistance.
- Advertising, marketing and analytics services, including entities that analyze the information we collect from you to communicate and advertise with you.
- Security vendors, such as entities that help with security incident verification and response, service notifications and fraud prevention.
- IT vendors, such as entities that help with website design, hosting and maintenance, data and software storage, and network operations.
With the following categories of third parties:
Advertising, marketing and analytics partners, which are companies involved in advertising for marketing or promotional purposes. These Companies may use tracking technologies on our website to collect or receive information from the Services and elsewhere on the Internet and use that information to provide measurement services and targeted advertising. Although we do not share information that identifies you by name with unaffiliated third parties for their own use, with sufficient data from other sources, such other parties may be able to identify you personally.
In addition, with:
- Social media platforms, if you choose to link your social media Account to our Services.
- With business partners on whose behalf we perform services and who may sell services of interest to you. For example, we perform bookings on behalf of partners and share information with them necessary to complete the transaction.
- With authorities or legally authorized representatives, if required by law or if we believe in good faith that sharing your information is necessary to comply with applicable law;
With subsidiaries or affiliates;
To ensure the safety of our users in the event of an emergency.
Links to other websites
We make every effort to ensure that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have appropriate physical, electronic and organizational measures in place to safeguard the information we collect online. Please note, however, that although we do our best to protect your information as soon as we receive it, no data transmission over the Internet or any other public network is guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Your options and rights regarding your information
Visit the Settings page in your Account to update your contact information.
You can always unsubscribe from future email communications, via email and other communications from us. To do so, send us a message at email@example.com or unsubscribe via the newsletter.
You have the right to request access to Personal Information collected about you, including information about the source of that information, the purposes for which we collect it, and the third parties and service providers with whom we share it. You may make such a request as described below. To protect our customers' Personal Information, we must verify your identity before we can respond to your request.
Right to Request Removal of Information.
You have the right in certain circumstances to request that we delete any Personal Information we have collected directly from you. You may make such a request as described below. To protect our customers' Personal Information, we must verify your identity before we can act on your request. We may be required for legal reasons not to comply with your request, or to do so in a more limited manner than you expected. If this is the case, we will explain this to you in our response.
You may request to exercise your rights to access/notify or delete your Personal Information in any of the following ways:
By contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not use Personal Information submitted for the purpose of a consumer request for any purpose other than to fulfill your request.
Do we need to be even more elaborate that we will then process this request in a timely manner and notify the relevant submitter in a timely manner if processed?
Anyone who has complaints about the processing of their personal data by Campercontact can contact us about it. This can be done by sending an email to our team at email@example.com. Campercontact will then work with the person concerned to find a solution. If that is not satisfactory, there is still the possibility to file a complaint with the privacy regulator, the Data Protection Authority.