Motorhome type: campervan
Used campervan: from €5000
The two of you would like to make a long tour through Europe. The south coast of Portugal or Spain sounds good to you. You are crazy about sports and would like to be able to drive off-road with the motorhome, looking for a unique beach for surfing. In that case, it is best to buy a campervan.
The campervan is the most compact motorhome and ideal for a trip for two. A campervan often has a lifting roof, so you can sleep in a separate area. In addition, the campervan often has a kitchenette, cool box and a fold-out table in the seating area.
Advantages of the campervan
- It's cheaper: you don't pay money to store your motorhome and you pay much less road tax.
- You can easily drive off-road and parking in major city centres isn’t an issue.
- It fits in many parking garages.
Disadvantages of a campervan
- You have no shower or toilet.
- In a campervan you have little or no luggage space.
- The campervan is often less well insulated, so less suitable for the winter.